Tuesday, February 10, 2009

New Blog!

Hello! I'm starting this new blog called the Snail Mail Guide. I've found that there is a lack of information online about how-to-ship. With so many people trying to make ends meet selling online, students selling textbooks, and those starting up small mail order businesses, I decided I'd like to share what I know about shipping. I have over 6 years experience shipping for a variety of organizations. In my current job I work in the independent music industry and I ship all over the world. I also have experience helping a non-profit ship thank-you gifts and publications. As a student I've also bought and sold textbooks online on Amazon and eBay and am also a huge fan of Etsy.com. Like millions of others, I also enjoy shopping online.

I hope to answer common shipping questions, give you better confidence in shipping and share my knowledge. I'll provide pictures and illustrations and hopefully explain things simply.

Feel free to comment with questions and suggestions and I'll do my best to respond!

I've had the idea to start this blog for a while, so with the new year, I've decided there's no better time then now!

thanks for reading!

-HK

2 comments:

FAQ said...

You know what? I think you are on to something here. It may seem like dry information but this is something that we need to learn. You have my attention especially about saving money and green topics/recycling. Any info in this department is appreciated. I'm going to post about this on my blog. Good luck on this and thanks for doing this.

HK said...

Thanks so much for the comment! I've learned a lot over the years packing and shipping for different places and I'm happy to pass on some of the knowledge.

I think the next post will be about re-using packing and mailing supplies.